PORCON® Gestation Stalls Offer Free-Access Solutions
For progressive producers who want to take their sow management to a higher level, PigTek offers free-access gestation stalls. This choice housing for sows is engineered and designed to offer producers new solutions to today’s pig production challenges.
Product Features and Advantages
- Free-access stalls allow sows to exercise and stay in good condition by freely walking in and out of individual stalls.
- Animal-friendly gestation stall features an advanced, quietly operating self-catch system that helps to reduce animal stress.
- In free-access mode, when sows enter the stall, the door automatically closes behind them to provide privacy for eating. Sows release themselves by simply backing up to trigger the release latch. The door then opens automatically.
- Sows can be temporarily locked into the stalls to aid breeding and pregnancy scanning and are able to be released individually or by groups.
- Automated drop feeding systems are an available option for this stall system.
- Feeding trough features solid steel partitions to help reduce sow competition when eating.
- Stalls are available in galvanized steel for durability and low maintenance.
- System can be retrofitted to existing production facilities.
- Proven design is backed by over 20 years of experience in European pig production.