CHORE-TIME® Gestation and Farrowing Portion Control Feeders are durable, corrosion-free, one-piece units molded from plastic with ultraviolet inhibitors for longer life
Patented, self-closing teardrop-shaped ball valve aids smooth feed flow and gives positive shut-off
Easy-to-read feed level adjustment allows feeding individual amounts from 3/4 to 10 pounds (0.3 to 4.5 kg)
|view all photos|
CHORE-TIME® Drop Feeder
for Gestation & Farrowing
The CHORE-TIME® Gestation and Farrowing Portion Control Feeder eliminates overfeeding of sows, feed waste and stale feed. Sows can be individually and accurately fed a pre-determined amount of feed multiple times per day while still automating the transport of feed to each pen. Using the CHORE-TIME feeder to feed smaller portions of feed more frequently also helps to enhance milk production. The feeder can be used with any of the CHORE-TIME Feed Delivery Systems: MULTIFLO®, FLEX-AUGER® or FLAG™ Fill Systems.
Product Features and Advantages
- Easy-to-read feed level adjustment allows feeding individual amounts from 3/4 to 10 pounds (0.3 to 4.5 kg).
- Enable multiple feedings per sow per day by automating drop feeders with one of the proven CHORE-TIME® Winch Systems.
- Translucent feeder provides quick visual check of its contents.
- Eliminates the feed waste and labor of hand- or self feeding systems and feed carts.
- Patented, self-closing teardrop-shaped ball valve aids smooth feed flow and gives positive shut-off to help to prevent feed leakage.
- System can be set up to activate all feeders at the same time by using optional manual lever or automatic time clock and winching system.
- Feeders are durable, corrosion-free, one-piece units molded from plastic with ultraviolet inhibitors for longer life.
- System is totally enclosed to help keep feed fresh and protect it from contamination.
- Durable CHORE-TIME feed distribution systems provide the latest innovative adaptations of the popular CHORE-TIME coreless auger conveying systems to serve buildings of nearly any length and arrangement of animals.